Is it a legal marriage? Is it real?
Yes. The couple is required to obtain the requisite marriage license in their county of residence prior to the wedding.
Who will officiate?
The couple may provide a California licensed officiant as they desire, but must meet approval of Madera District Fair. If an officiant has not been selected, Madera District Fair will provide!
Will my guests pay to come to the wedding?
Madera District Fair will provide 100 complimentary admission passes for your guests as well as a “private” seating area for the ceremony to accommodate your 100 guests.
What if I have more than 100 guests to invite?
The couple should be prepared to have a lot more than 100 people witnessing their wedding as it will be a public party! Additional invitations, and discounted admission tickets can be purchased by bride and groom. Additional seat provision will be at the discretion of Madera District Fair’s schedule and venue obligations.
Where will the wedding party and guests park?
Madera District Fair will provide a limited number of parking passes for the wedding party and/or immediate family. Wedding guests should prepare to park in general free parking.
Is there a cost to our participation?
- Madera District Fair will provide the following:
- Private air conditioned dressing room and bathroom for wedding party.
- Ceremony venue, location determined by MDF. Venue will include “altar” staging, lighting, sound, décor as determined by Madera District Fair, reserved seating for 100 guests.
- Photographer. (Image purchase at expense of couple.)
- Videographer. (Video purchase at expense of couple.)
- Bridal flowers and wedding party floral.
- Wedding Cake
- Dinner and Drinks.
- Dance reception with live music and/or DJ in public venue.
- VIP concert venue tickets to wedding party. *The wedding party is defined as Bride, Groom and party of 10.
- Invitation production with Madera Fair brand and theme artwork and the mailing there of.
- Additional requests by bride and groom that do not conflict with Madera District Fair concurrent events may be considered at expense of bride and groom.
Will I have a say in any detail?
YES. We recognize this is still YOUR wedding day. Madera District Fair will maintain the overall design of wedding venue, event production and promotion as it fits MDF scheduling, artwork and branding. Madera District Fair intends to collaborate with the 2018 GET HITCHED couple over some elements, traditions and creative ideas the couple may present. Madera District Fair will determine its place and implementation in the overall production of the event.
Can we renew our vows?
Yes! However, preference in finalist selection will be given to WEDDING applicants.
How many people can we invite?
You may invite as many guests as you’d like. Madera District Fair is prepared to accommodate 100 complimentary admission tickets and 100 reserved seats at ceremony. Any additional guests will be at expense of the couple and cannot be guaranteed a reserved seat as provided by Madera District Fair within ceremony venue.
Is the wedding party counted in the guest count?
No. The wedding party is defined as Bride, Groom and party of 10. Madera District Fair will provide 100 complimentary admission tickets a part from the wedding party.