Madera District Fair - Our History
skip to main content
Area Weather
Hours & Directions
Log In
Search Website
Search
0
Madera Fair
Madera Fair
Madera Fair
Specials
Concerts
Entertainment
FULL SCHEDULE
Exhibitor Handbook
Livestock
Community Acts
VENDORS
READ TO RIDE
Sponsors
Photo Gallery
Whiskerino Contest
COSPLAY CONTEST
Ticket Fairy
Taste of Oaxaca
Entrance Guidelines
Things To Do
Things To Do
Things To Do
Hometown Holiday Market
Event Calendar
The Fair
Dog/Livestock Events
Flea Market
Motorsports
Private Events
Public Events
Other
Unavailble
Event Map
Our Facilities
Our Facilities
Our Facilities
Facility Rental Information >
Facility Rental Information
Facility Rental Information
Hatfield Hall
Home Arts Building
Livestock Barns
Lumbertown
Outdoor Facilities
Van Alen Hall
Good Times Quarter Midget Club
Madera Flea Market
Madera Speedway
RV Camping
The Commons at Madera Fair
About Us
About Us
About Us
Board of Directors >
Board of Directors
Board of Directors
Board Agendas
History of Madera Fair
RFP / Bid
Employment
Madera Fair Staff
LATEST NEWS
Contact Us
Directions
Community
Community
Community
Madera County - Our Community!
Heritage Foundation
Junior Fair Board
Free Speech Guidelines
COVID 19
Tickets
Home
>
About Us
>
History of Madera Fair
History of Madera Fair
1264 - module_1414 PageTitleModule moduleLarge
OUR NAME
The 21-A District Agricultural Association is known by many different names. Most call us "The Madera Fair". Some call us "The Madera County Fair". Other just refer to us as "The Fair". But we prefer to be called "The Madera District Fair."
The roots of this name goes back to our roots in 1937 when the 21-A District Agricultural Association was first formed. At that time, the Madera County Fair had been in operation in multiple locations throughout the County and in order to distinguish the DAA from the County Fair, the name Madera District Fair was used.
Our History
The 21-A District Agricultural Association was first established in 1937 on what had previously been known as the Rodeo Grounds which bordered the Fresno River and Gateway Drive. In the early 50's, the 99 freeway route was established which cut the fairgrounds into two parcels. The property on the east side of the freeway was sold and is now known as Rotary Park. Additional property was purchased at that time on the west boundary which resulted in a total area of 116 acres owned by the DAA in 1967.
(To Be Continued...)
of
Transcript
1264 - module_662 TextMediaModule moduleLarge
Round Harrow
Fresno Scraper
Hay Rake
Corn Planter
1264 - module_7373 PDFModule moduleLarge
Back to
Top
My Account
Log In
Log In
Search
Search
Tickets