We look forward to inviting a NEW group of students to the 2023 Junior Fair Board!
The Madera District Fair’s Junior Fair Board was created to provide young adults with an opportunity to develop leadership and public relation skills, perform community service, and learn about the business and operations of Madera District Fair. Our young community is the future leadership for California Fairs and youth involvement is an important investment.
The Junior Fair Board offers two courses to potential members based on time commitment, responsibility and member desires. If you would like an in depth membership role and are able to commit to the term, perhaps the Junior Fair BOARD course is for you. If your schedule does not allow for a full term commitment, your participation as a SERVICE member may be most suitable.
COURSE 1: Junior Fair BOARD Member
- Elected Member based on application and interview process.
- Participate in Junior Fair BOARD monthly meetings.
- Assist in Public Relations pre-fair and Fair Time.
- Develop speaking skills, organization and execution of events.
- Term for Board, June-October 2023. APPLICATION PACKETS provides tentative dates and activities.
COURSE 2: Junior Fair SERVICE Member
- Fair Time guest services
- Assist Fair guests at, but not limited to, entry gates, concert venue, exhibit halls and Farm to Fair
- Term for Service, Fair Dates; September 7-10, 2023
The Junior Fair BOARD has 6 seats available. Junior Fair BOARD Members can and should expect to engage in service and leadership with Junior Fair SERVICE Members. Potential Junior Fair members must be high school age students and enrolled in a high school or equivalent program at the time they begin their service as a Junior Fair Board or Service Member. They must also be a resident of Madera County. An interview may be held as deemed appropriate by the Adviser in filling both Board seats and Service team. All new members are notified by letter from the Adviser and/or Madera District management of their acceptance for membership.